I don't like burns~
They hurt!
And, always happen at an inconvenient time.
(I happened to be preparing dinner for guests)
This past week I got one of the worst burns on my fingers
that I've ever had
by touching the burning element in my oven.
(don't ask)
Ouch!
I immediately plunged my hand into cool water.
It helped some
but I could feel my finger blistering.
Then,
I remembered~
I have an aloe plant growing in my windowsill~
So, I had Olivia cut me a piece off and I
squeezed some of the 'goo' onto my fingers.
Immediate relief!
I found that about every 10 minutes or so
I would start to get that 'burning' sensation
again. So, I just kept squeezing the gooey aloe
onto my fingers...
The pain totally subsided~
And, it helped!
It helped a lot~
These are my fingers the next day.
No pain.
A little blistered.
But definitely healed up, and,
working fine :)
Moral of the story:
Go get yourself an aloe plant.
They're super easy to grow~

1 comment:
God's little miracle plant: aloe vera!! I love to know it is here in the house! also, I use lavender essential oil for burns and bites. Lavender is one ess. oil that is safe and healing for second degree burns an beyond when there is nothing else for a time. I am thankful you are better now. burns really get to me. I worked a burn unit for several years going through nursing school, and it was there I experienced losing the first patient of my career. Very sad. Jennifer, I want to wish you and your household a blessed and joy-filled Merry Christmas as we celebrate the coming of the Christ Child to dwell on earth with mankind. Grace and peace, dear friend. You mean so much to me as a sister in the Lord!
Post a Comment