Monday, December 19, 2011

Faithful Recipes~

Faithful recipes that everyone in the family likes,
turn out well,
and are easy to make~
Those are KEEPERS!
Not every recipe I make meets the above,
but this one does~


Chicken Salsa Chili
(from my good friend, Cheryl)

Saute in olive oil:

1 lb. chicken
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1-2 tsp. each of chili powder, cumin, & oregano

Add:

1/2 c. vinegar
1 onion, chopped

Add:

2-3 cups pinto beans
2-3 cups kidney beans
2 bell peppers, chopped
1-2 large cans diced tomatoes
 (I use ones I put up and usually add around 2-4 cups)
1 c. cilantro, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)

Spice to taste with jalapenos (2-4), tabasco (2-4 TB.), salt (1 tsp.),
chili powder (2-3 tsp.), and cumin (1-2 tsp.)

Simmer at least 30 minutes.  
Serve with cheese, sour cream, chips, salsa, and avocado for toppings :)

This recipe is very flexible~
Yesterday I had roasted a chicken and just used that, shredded.
I was out of cilantro (which we do like in it), but it still turned
out fine.  You can adjust the beans & spices to your family's liking
easily.  
This recipe doubles well, too~

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....