Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wild Foraging~

These are some of the things that are in abundance
on our property~

 Mullein
What is it used for?
Congestion, wounds, scrapes, earaches...
I'm new to herbs, but it fascinates me learning more.
Here's a couple links on mullein for more reading:



 Purple Star Thistle
Okay, we won't be eating this one~
but goats love it, so I think we can cut some down and 
they'll enjoy it.

Yarrow
I've been harvesting some of this and have cut and hung
it in paper bags to dry in the pantry.
I'm not sure exactly how we'll use this-it may end up in a potpourri :)
but I just wanted to try something!
Any ideas?

It amazes me how God put so many 'edibles' around us!


No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....