...summer salad~
Taco salad, that is!
No oven, just a quick, nutritious, and delicious meal~
Taco Salad
1 pound of ground beef/venison
1 onion, diced
1 pint enchilada sauce (bought or homemade* recipe below)
chili peppers if you have 'em (we like diced, roasted hatch)
2 cups (or cans) of kidney beans
~this recipe doubles nicely~
Brown meat and onion together,
add chilis, enchilada sauce, and beans.
Simmer on low to blend flavors...
Serve on bed of chopped lettuce with tortilla chips on the side.
We like chopped tomatoes and onion on top-well, some of us do~
*Homemade Enchilada Sauce*
More with Less Cookbook
~I usually quadruple this recipe and freeze in
2 cup containers; makes for easier meal planning~
Saute in heavy saucepan:
2 Tb. olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
When onion is yellow, not brown,
add:
3 1/2 c tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 T chili powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour thought medium strainer. Reserve sauce and use or freeze
for tacos, enchiladas...
2 comments:
Jennifer, I would love it if you'd link up this post on your colorful and yummy-looking taco salad! the people that come to my little blog would LOVE your blog. I am always encouraged when I visit, and I am getting to feel like I am your neighbor...well, almost, but indeed your friend :)
Oh, I am so glad you did link-up! I am sorry the picture didn't come up, but we can delete the first one if you'd like to try it again :) You bless my heart.
Post a Comment