Saturday, March 23, 2013

Benefits...

of beekeeping~

During my bee class this last week I was given a good-sized chunk
of honeycomb.
Although it's amazing to look at, 
I decided to 'melt it down' to use as beeswax.
We've tried homemade lip balm before
and a book that I've been reading had a hand cream recipe
requiring beeswax.
I'm always amazed at how fun & easy these natural recipes are
 and how great they are for the skin...






This one turned out great, smooth & creamy.
So simple:
a blender, 
the ingredients, 
a jar~
I added orange essential oil.
smells heavenly~

The 'bee adventure' continues here.
We pick up our bee equipment next weekend.
Then, we'll be working on a fenced area
and stack some straw bales for a wind block.
The bees arrive the end of April :)

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....