Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some recipes~

are worth keeping.

I love easy, quick recipes.
Not that I mind a meal that takes time & effort.
But, sometimes, it's just nice to do a quick one!
It all started with making chicken broth.
I thought I'd just throw in some vegetables,
and make a chicken, vegetable something;
but, when I found this 
Joy of Cooking recipe
and
had all the ingredients on hand,
it was a no brainer~

Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup

Bring to a boil~
3 cups chicken broth
2 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk

Reduce heat and stir in~
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded & diced
3 TB fish sauce
1 tsp. minced ginger root

Simmer 10 minutes~

Stir in~
1 pound chicken breasts (we used already cooked chicken, shredded)
2 TB fresh lime juice

Garnish with~

chopped cilantro
chopped avocado (opt.)

makes 6 cups
(we tripled it)

2 comments:

Carole said...

Oh gracious this looks wonderful! Gotta try it. What do you serve on the side?

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

I love oriental food, but so much is very unhealthy b/c they add MSG and food coloring. But this I can make myself. Thank you, Jennifer.
I hope your family is well in the Lord!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....