Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seeds for planting~

Ah, spring is in the air!
Our temperatures have soared this past week
and everyone seems to have spring fever.
No matter that there is snow predicted
this weekend.
The days are getting longer, the sun is stronger,
and 
there are seeds to plant.
Well,
not yet.
At least,
not yet
in 
Utah!
But, it's coming and I've got my stash ready~



The snow is leaving and my raised beds
are almost ready to plant in for April.
I need to do a little soil 'amending' 
and will probably start some of the seeds
indoors like last year.  
All the greens, though, will be directly sowed
into the beds.
There's just something I love about playing in the dirt~

1 comment:

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

I'm right there with you, Jennifer. I am going to go back to your pictures to figure out just what you got in the way of varieties. I am so fooled by this really warm weather and so are our fruit trees and shrubs. I hope we don't get a hard freeze!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....