Monday, March 28, 2011

Moving into the world of...

...bifocals~
I know, I can't believe it either!
But,
after my recent trip to the eye doctor
it's inevitable.
I guess it was bound to happen
considering my age.
But,
we won't talk about THAT right now.
So, 
I have Benjamin Franklin to thank
that I'll now be able to see far & near
out of the same glasses~
 "Highly regarded as a diplomat and as a scientist, Franklin is generally acknowledged for all his ingenious contributions to many very practical inventions. He had talents and also numerous interests and his natural curiosity led to the search to discover ways to make things work better. One of his greatest innovations was “my double spectacles” and Franklin has been quite appropriately recognized and universally admired as their inventor.
Certainly among the most useful inventions of all time bifocals have serviced billions of people over the past 200 + years. Compound corrective lenses, usually bifocals or trifocals, and with increasing frequency, progressive multifocal length eyeglasses are the modern-day result of the remarkable evolution from Benjamin Franklin’s original simple and practical creation."
Amazing!
They are on their way to me now.
Well, not exactly the above pair...but close!

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....