Saturday, March 19, 2011

Learning a new skill~

Awhile back I mentioned in this post
about a Cultured Dairy ecourse
that I started to take.
What can I say?
Incredible.
Invaluable.
Informational.
I L.O.V.E. it!
I've been learning a WEALTH of new skills
in the area of cultured dairy.
does an excellent job in her presentations
of each and every lesson.
It's never too late to sign up.
You just 'do' the classes as you have time...online.
So far we've made:
room temperature yogurt, kefir, kefir cheese,
kefir cream, sour cream, buttermilk, soft cheese,
clabbered milk, & butter.
And tonight, hopefully, kefir ice cream :)
And, I'm only half way through the course~
This says it all~
When you culture milk, you make it better
This is what my refrigerator looks like these days~
Culturing yogurt and soft cheese~
Usually a 24 hour process
 
The cultures that start it all~
If you're interested, two great resources
for cultures, and other supplies
are:
cultures for health
and
homesteader supply

I can hardly wait to get a milking goat
or
a mini jersey cow!!!
God willing, it won't be too long~

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....