Monday, June 6, 2011

An Evening Walk~

After a long day,
and 'fixing' a prolapsed vent on one of our hens,
which is another story,
a walk was in order~
















Photo credit~Olivia Price

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Jennifer, I feel like I am getting to know a bit of your heart. I love the same things. Did your chicken heal up? I once helped get a fishing wire loose from around the tongue of a chicken. The young boy who brought the hen to me called me Dr. Jackie. I was thrilled :)
The flowers are evidently in bloom at this time. It must be spectacular countryside.

Jennifer said...

Jacqueline~The little Americauna hen seems to be fine after her 'procedure'. Quite an experience! I looked through my chicken books and then read on line how to appropriately 'push the vent' back inside her body. So far things are staying as they should a couple days later-thankfully!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....