Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back~Looking Forward

A New Year~
brand new,
with no stories,
memories,
joys or sorrows
in it.
A clean sheet of paper yet to be written on.
I LOVE this time a year!
  I LOVE looking back and remembering...
all of the special moments, the blessings, the opportunities, the lessons learned,
even the trials, and the difficult times.
I learn more about God and more about myself as I look back.
And, it helps me look forward...
I LOVE looking forward
to a New Year,
to the goals and purposes God has.
To the plan He has for me and my family in 2011~
So, again I sit down with all my notebooks...
and write.
I write things I want to remember and reflect on from the past year,
and I write about the New Year...
goals, dreams, plans...
Then I pray.
I pray for wisdom and discernment to live out each coming new day
as God desires and for His glory.
I pray for help~
to be less selfish and more giving.
to hear and follow His voice,
and to do His will.
Is this because I'm somebody special
NO!
It's because I desperately need Him and can't live life without Him,
it's because I can't be the wife and mother I need to be without Him,
and,
it's because without Him life has no meaning or purpose!
So, here's to a New Year~
Cheers!
HAPPY NEW YEAR


No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....