Thursday, July 22, 2010

Farmer's Market~

Wednesday is Farmer's Market day.  
I've been combining my trip to town with errands and stopping by
 to pick out some fresh fruits and veggies...
Since I can't do a garden this year, I'm buying at the 
market plus trying to freeze all I can for winter by going
to the U-pick farms...
It's a little hard in our region to find farms that
don't spray pesticides on their crops, but I'm
working on it.  
A local farm had great strawberries in June
and now I've found another that has cherries!
Our local Farmer's Market

I bought a head of romaine lettuce ($2), 
a head of red leaf lettuce ($2), a basket of green beans ($6), 
a small bag of basil ($2), and a container of raspberries ($12)
I know, a little LOT high, but I'm hoping to go do 
the U-pick raspberries in August :)

And a 'baker's dozen' of corn for $5~
Not too bad for fresh, pesticide-free produce.


No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....