Friday, July 2, 2010

Apprenticing at the Taxidermist~

Yesterday was spent at Tyler the Taxidermist's place.  Very interesting.  I probably learned (and saw) more than I wanted to know about how to skin an animal.  All to say, Jonathan, was completely in his element and loved it!
If you are weak-stomached, don't scroll down~

This is the first buck we had mounted 
and how we first came to meet Tyler the Taxidermist~

Here's a badger that he skinned for us;
we're waiting on a beaver to be done.
I'm not sure where all these 'skins' and 'mounts' are going~
in the living room?

Tyler said the best way to learn is 'hands-on'

Here's a view of the 'work room' area~

Jonathan skinning that yellow-bellied marmot~

After A LOT of salt, the skin cures for weeks before he can bring it home~

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Very educational and....... gross!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....