Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is where you'll find me on Saturday~

Saturday, June 26th
10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
"If you have never been to a our Tour de Coops, make 2010 your first year. We know it won't be your last. The Tour de Coops will be a fun, affordable community event that can be family-friendly or a great way to spend the afternoon with friends. Tour de Coops is a self-guided tour of some of the coolest urban chicken coops throughout Salt Lake City. Coop owners around town will open up their yards, gardens and coops to tour participants. It will be an excellent opportunity to check out and talk about how people are raising their chickens, the breeds they raise and other backyard animals they have (bees, ducks, turkeys, etc...). It is also a great chance to see some very cool vegetable gardens, xeriscape/native gardens, permaculture practices, and some serious urban homesteading. This is an event that is something that no budding permaculturalist, urban gardener, or aspiring eggriculturalist should miss!"
This will be our first year at the Tour de Coops. I'm so looking forward to it! I think Olivia & I will have great fun checking out all the urban coops. I'm even hoping to meet some beekeepers, as that was mentioned in the information. So, if you're local, and don't have plans~check it out :)
http://wasatchgardens.org/learn-and-participate/chicken-week

1 comment:

Katie said...

Well well well, I am glad to see you have joined the blogspot world!! Welcome :)

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....