Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Berry Delicious~

Tis the season to pick berries!

This last weekend I went 
for blackberries, raspberries,
and elderberries.
I would of liked more but was able
to pick a fair amount to freeze 
plus
make some 1/2 pints of jam!

The elderberries are for
a medicinal syrup we like to make.
They are about at the end, and
pickings were slim, 
but thankfully I came home
with what we need for the winter.




1 comment:

God's Grace Overflows said...

Good Afternoon, Jennifer!

Wow! It looks like you got a good bundle of fruits. It's so nice when we can pick fruits and use them for later recipes. Do you make your own elderberry syrup? We do and it is so wonderful to have during the cold months. And it cuts the flu symptoms down to half! So nice.

I hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Amy

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....