I always have some kind of project going on
around here.
I guess I don't 'sit still' very well
and
actually
I really enjoy having something 'in hand' to do~
I've been wanting to start a few new things,
but realized that I had some unfinished projects
floating around the house~
So,
I sat down and finished this wrap that I've
had laying around FOREVER.
It just goes around the shoulders, nothing fancy,
but it's warm :)
I saw this cute bag pattern and started it, but then
put it down because I had trouble figuring out
the directions for the reversible part.
Sigh.
I'm not very good with reading directions
and would much rather have someone
'show' me how it's done.
I finally put my 'nose to the grindstone',
and
voila~
| A 'peek' inside at the reversible fabric~ |
As for something new~
I have made a couple of these baby blankets over the
past year for gifts and am starting another two~
This will be a good project to work on while watching
the upcoming
Olympics~
| I found this edge finish on Purl Bee and fell in love with how easy it is~ |
And, this cute pattern I snagged at Michaels
thinking it was easy peasy.
(I think it is~but again my 'impairment with
directions' got in the way.)
Finally, after starting this about 5 x's, I
figured out (I think) how this pattern works.
My problem is that I knit on the tight side
and that didn't help me at all with this one.
It's a work in progress, but I'm determined to
get it done!
| Here it is kind of squished on the needles~ |
| A close up gives a little better view of the 'net weave' that will make up this bag~ |
| Homemade Banana Bread~ |
And, what would any project time be without something
sweet to munch on and a hot cup of tea :)



3 comments:
Hello from Northern Ireland. I found your blog today as a link from a blog called "Deep Roots at Home." We are Evangelical Christians and the parents of one child, a daughter who is homeschooled. I noticed that you spoke of your cat practicing Yoga and, whilst you may have been joking, I wonder if you realise that Yoga is spiritually dangerous. Also, I noticed that your boys hunt animals. May I ask if this is necessary, because you live far away from shops and cannot obtain meat any other way. It troubles me to think that animals are killed unnecessarily and for "sport."
Jennifer,
These projects just make me feel cozy and warm all over! Such lovely creativity and colors. I think the directions often get me feeling intimidated, so I don't start...maybe I'm going to try finishing that last little bootie we got stuck on ;) Thanks for the boost!
Susan~Ann,
We ourselves do not practice yoga, although our cat's 'positions' may indicate that she does :)
We are so thankful for God's provision on our land for meat in the freezer for our family each year. It is truly a blessing to take dominion as God mandated.
Post a Comment