Well, the little garden we have
consisting of some raised beds,
is growing~
At this point, it's small, but it's a start.
It's trial & error up here on the mountain top.
In the spring, it's dealing with late frosts at night,
in the summer, it's hot, dry temperatures
and w.i.n.d,
and in the fall, it's again contending with early frost.
Overall, this year I'm pleased with what's growing.
Last year I found cherry tomatoes to do
extremely well, so I planted those again.
I have some lettuce, beets, and I'm trying
a few pepper plants.
There are a few cucumber plants that have
blooms, too :)
Radishes, of course, we're a success!
Also,
I'm pleased to see that zucchini is a winner.
It's grown so big and I think we'll have plenty.
On the 'down side' I had deer come and
eat all my peas~
My spinach never did a thing, and
some 'critter' munched the tops off all my garlic!
| Strawberry plants that a friend gave me last year that have produced some very sweet strawberries for snacking~ |
| Cherry tomatoes~ |
| The zucchini~ |
| Lots of blooms under there and little ones growing~ |
| There's a couple cucumber plants that are doing well and turning out blooms~ |
| Rhubarb! I love rhubarb~ This was also from a friend. I can't wait to harvest it next spring~ |
| Random beets~ |
| Yummy lettuce~ I'm going to try to sow some more lettuce, beets, and maybe spinach or kale for the fall. It's so fun to check on it and see what's growing~ |
No comments:
Post a Comment