Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Projects~

I love summer days.
Long days.
Sun shiny days.
Lots of time outside...
But,
I also love the time to catch up
on projects that I just don't have time
for during the school year.

I have a little 'punch list' 
that I've been plugging away at
here & there.
Awhile back I had come across this post
on freezer organization.


Finally I had an afternoon to start in~
I probably should of done before & after picks,
but I didn't.
Just trust me when I say that my
freezer wasn't too organized,
there were spills,
some foods were out-of-date,
and it had become quite messy
It feels so good to cross this one off!




This is a shot of the deep freeze;
I still need to defrost it, but I was able
to count how much deer & elk meat we have left.
 
While I was at it, I took on the pantry, too
I love these glass jars from Azure Standard
to store our beans, flour, grains, & seeds...

I labeled the bins in this section
to help in the organization of the stuff
that ends up everywhere otherwise.


No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....