Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Sweetness~

Our family LOVES strawberries~
The season has been late this year,
but we headed down to our favorite spot 
and picked 2 full flats before they close tomorrow.
Hopefully they'll have more come August!

I'm debating whether to freeze these or just eat them :)

(Did you look down our sidebar to see what's coming soon?)

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

My goodness, you've got me so curious!! Is it the goats and a natural wormer?? What fun, Jennifer, to keep us guessing :)
Also, did you ever do anything with the nettles idea?
BTW, the strawberries come in two waves there!? How interesting...must be the weather patterns. Is that your dear daughter?? Hello, to you :)
Blessings to your home!

Jennifer said...

Jacqueline~
Yes it's goats---hopefully coming within the next week! The 'green bag' is not a dewormer (although I'm probably going to need one), but rather an herbal supplement I found for lactating animals. It has alfalfa, spirulina, nettle...in it. I suppose I could make my own with the nettles I found---maybe someday.
The strawberries do come twice here, although I'm not sure what kind they are. We go down to a farm and they always have them in June and again in August.
At a $1.50 a pound/u-pick, it was worth the drive :)
And, yes, that is our sweet, only daughter, Olivia.
Thank you for your 'always encouraging' comments!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....