Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sometimes...

...you just have to walk through it!
I have a favorite children's book that
often applies to my life~this last week was no exception.
It's called, Going on a Bear Hunt.
You've no doubt heard the story, too.
The family encounters all sorts 
of 'obstacles' we'll call them, 
as they go on a hunt for a bear.
Remember some of the lines?
"Mud, thick oozy mud.
Can't go over it;
can't go under it;
Uh oh, we'll have to go through it!"
That seemed to be the MANTRA for me this week~
"Uh oh, we'll have to go through it!"
The refrigerator broke, the alternator went out
on the car, and we're still without 
affordable snow removal for the winter
on our mile long road~
Is it me, or do 'bad things' usually come in threes?
Of course all these things will work out.
But how will I choose to walk through them?
Am I keeping a cheerful attitude?
Am I trusting in God?
Am I doing my part to be frugal, or find things
to sell, and saying 'no' to the extras?
Yes, I need some work;
actually I need a lot of work!
Thank goodness God's grace is there each day for me to take hold of~

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....