Note:
These pics are not for the
faint-hearted.
You were warned!
I, personally, never DREAMED
I'd have a carcass on my
kitchen table.
I guess I'm still not too old
for a few surprises!
A few posts ago you saw the beautiful bucks
that the boys shot.
Well, all that good meat needed to be
processed.
It started on a Monday a couple weeks ago, with Jonathan's buck.
I had just finished cleaning and 'sterilizing' everything,
when on Wednesday morning, Daniel shot his.
Sigh!
Not really, I'm SO thankful for a freezer full of meat :)
It's just A LOT of work and I happened to be SICK that week~
So, we pulled everything back out
and processed our second buck.
Altogether we calculated about 20 pounds of homemade sausage,
around 5 pounds of jerky (it has to be frozen before curing/drying...),
about 40 some pounds of ground beef,
and another 10 or so of back strap, tenderloin, and stew meat...
Not bad!
| Daniel with one of the legs~ |
| Dave cutting off the main carcass~ |
| Jonathan cutting up the meat to go through the grinder~ |
| Me working the scale and grinder~ |
| One of my favorite things for processing~ |
| My second favorite thing for processing~ I LOVE my seal-a-meal-absolutely NO freezer burn. |
I need to mention here that we didn't get
Olivia in any of these pictures-although she was a
great helper at my side.
She just so happens to be our 'family photographer'
too !
No comments:
Post a Comment