Friday, December 23, 2011

A little bit of Christmas~

This has been one of the most relaxing
Christmas's yet, for me.
Simple,
Yet sweet.
Presents mailed, packages wrapped,
time for cooking, baking 
and focusing
on
the birth of Jesus!

We've enjoyed our preparations this week~
What a delight
This is a great little book I found at
the library that goes through the
origin of Christmas carols and the
meaning behind them~
Fascinating stories! 

Did you know that the 12 Days of Christmas Carol
was originally written as a teaching tool for the
children of the Catholic underground about their faith?
Yummy Martha Washington Candy mix~
(otherwiseknown as 'Georges' at our house)
Dipping chocolates~
One for you, one for me~
The finished 'product'
Olivia did a great job dipping this year~
Our Christmas tins for family, friends, & neighbors~
Filled with carmel corn & candies...
Oops~
This little helper 'tuckered out' in wrapping gifts
Our traditional gingerbread house was made~
And, the focus of it all~
Christ's birth
(I'm so glad He came Son of God & Son of Man;I couldn't live my life without Him!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Jennifer,
A belated Merry Christmas and happy New Year!! I have been gone much of the time during the holidays, and so much has happened to keep me from visiting anyone's blogs very much. I am really sick right now with a deep chest infection/head cold. you wouldn't want to be around me Lol. I pray you are all well and staying toasty in your beautiful place! I didn't know that about the 12 Days of Christmas carol...I'll have to read about it.

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....