Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ahhh….spring~

I love spring!

Winter is long here in the mountains
and seems to
'hang on', if you will,
teasing us with warmer weather
and then snow~



In other parts of the country, gardens are well under way.
Finally, the temperatures seemed right here~


And the greenhouse ready to plant~


This year I'm beginning with 'cold crops' first since
temperatures are so up and down.
Lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, sweet peas,
beets, and carrots are all coming up now.
And, my 2nd successive planting begins next week,
where I'll plant the same thing again, in between
these rows~





These tomatoes and peppers will be moved out
to the greenhouse within the next 2 weeks, when
evening temperatures are, hopefully, a little more stable.
There's something about planting seeds and watching
them grow!
It's 'therapeutic' somehow~

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....