Thursday, January 9, 2014

January~

January has begun~

The New Year began with a 'new look' in the living
room/dining room area.
After taking down the Christmas tree...I decided for a switch.
In our small home there's not too many ways to re-arrange
the furniture.
But this way works for now and opens up the room more :)

Loving the coziness of our little place~


My dishwasher had been 'on the blink' for awhile.
A folded towel at the bottom was catching leaks...
Dave surprised me one day with a BOSCH.
No, it's not new, but in perfectly good condition.
A customer he has was getting a new one.
Hey, that's one way to recycle.  Pass your old (working)
appliances along~

I can't tell you how much I L.O.V.E. this stainless steel interior!
SO much better than the old, plastic inside one I had~

Our newest 'technology'.
Note that the wind speed is 0.0
A rare occasion up here!
Actually, since Dave got this thing, we've had hardly any wind at all~
This is the other part of the monitor above.
It's outside our living room window, attached to the deck.
  It kind of looks like
a spacecraft.
It's fun to watch!
When there is wind, it spins like mad~

The backhoe has been parked out front in anticipation of
snow for clearing our road.
It's been a mild winter thus far,
but I think the winds are changing~

Talk about SUPER-SIZE!
This egg was gathered the other day and was more than
double of all the others.
Yes, it was a double-yolk too :)

And, as you can see, we weren't going to be able to shut the
carton lid~
Fun!
Never a dull moment with chickens~

A new read from the library.
Love all the recipes~

Olivia catching up on some reading~

This has been on my list FOREVER!
Finally, over Christmas break I was able to carve out
some time for soap making~

Rose scented soap with rose petals~

Also on our break I cleaned out all my kitchen cabinets and drawers.
One thing I noticed was how ragged and old my dishcloths
were.
So, as time allows, I'm knitting some new ones~

http://www.artfulhomemaking.com/2011/08/knitted-dishcloths.html

This recipe was in a beekeeping book I read last year.
We made this hand cream and love it!
Another batch done~works great for winter-dry hands.

Gluten-free cheesecake was part of the celebration for
 Daniel's 19th
birthday this month~
It turned out heavenly and the recipe will be made again for sure!

Inspired by Ann Voskamp's Bible memory challenge for 2014,
I printed off and laminated the verses.
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2014/01/scripture-memorization-for-the-rest-of-us-the-jesus-project-memoryproject2014/

This Bible verse challenge is all from the book of John
and consists of 24 verses in all.
Do-able for me~

 So far a pretty productive January :)

Now it's back to the schedule of school, meals, and laundry.
I'm thankful for all the little projects I've been able to do
on our break~

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You are one productive lady! I think your home is cozy and warm, and you inspire me to rearrange a bit :) The wind guage makes me smile...I think it would be like watching fish- very relaxing. BTW, the soap is just lovely, especially the rose...you are so creative! Happy New Year to you folks! God bless you.

Jacqueline@ Deeprootsathome.com said...

I think my comment got deleted...just stopping in to say 'Hey'! You are very creative and I love seeing your comfy and warm home...God bless you, Jennifer!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....