Friday, December 27, 2013

Reflections~

As I reflect on the Christmas season
I am thankful for Christ's coming~
How I need Him every day
to be a wife, mother, and Godly woman!

We enjoyed all our preparations~
the Advent candle lighting each night,
the making of candles,
the baking of Christmas goodies,
making special deliveries
and the decorating of our Christmas tree.

It all passed too quickly in my opinion!
I'm enjoying quiet days
with no school schedules,
long walks with the dog,
and thoughts of a New Year starting.

Celebrating Advent~

A new venture in candle making~

Joy, at Artful Homemaking,
 http://www.artfulhomemaking.com/2013/05/make-your-own-mason-jar-soy-candles.html?m=0
has a wonderful candle tutorial that I used~

Nothing quite like making (and eating :)
Christmas goodies~

Getting reading to pack some up for family & friends~

White, pecan fudge~

Christmas Day breakfast waffles~

2013 Christmas tree~

And, yes, it's all packed away~
The goats are nibbling away at the tree
and
all the decorations are packed up and ready
to be stored.

This year's tree was dry, dry, dry
and we didn't want to risk it another
day~




No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....