Back in October of last year,
when the boys shot their bucks,
we bagged about 4 pounds of venison meat to make jerky.
The recipe said to freeze it for a month
to kill off any parasites... what ever that means!
So, the other day,
when I was taking my freezer inventory,
there that package was,
at the bottom.
Jerky Meat.
So, we thawed it out
and made some.
Now, I'm not one for the pre-packaged seasonings.
For one, they are WAY HIGH in salt.
So, I searched and searched
and came across
which is more natural...
and has great flavor.
Of course I added extra garlic and some red pepper for more kick.
Daniel even brushed liquid smoke on it before we began dehydrating it.
Probably the only 'mistake' is that I dehydrated it
too long.
I guess venison dries much faster than beef.
It's supposed to only 'bend' NOT 'break'.
Lesson learned.
Still~great flavor and good snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment