Friday, August 12, 2011

If there's one thing I love to do...

...it's sew.
I started in about 4th grade with a friend who taught me. 
We'd save up our money and then go pick out patterns
we liked and cheap material for about $1 per yard.
Back then you could get good material for that price,
believe it or not.
I continued sewing through high school and 
even went on to local competitions...
They were great learning experiences for me~
I once entered a fully-lined suit and blouse (with
pleats, of all things) in a state competition.
Although I don't make suits anymore :),
I still love to sew for my daughter and myself.
It's relaxing to me.
It sparks a creative side, I suppose.
And,
I 
just 
love 
to 
use
my 
hands!
A friend gave me a box of material that I'm
making plans for.  These pieces seem to 'go'
together and I think a table runner might do.

This sweet piece was on Walmart's $1 a yard table.
Now, how can you pass up a 3-yard piece for $3.28?
Not me!
What do you think,
mother - daughter matching skirts?
A dress?
You can't go wrong with this light, no-iron acrylic~
These pieces are just begging to be used.
Ah, to sit for an afternoon and sew~that's my kind of day :)

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Again, Jennifer,
I must say that you are my kind of gal! I can 'see' you and Olivia in matching aprons for baking bread together and the color of the last fabric matches the cherries. BTW, Did the cherry stains come out w/ lemon jc? that's one I haven't had to use it for. The runner will be a cozy fall addition to your table.
PS The photos of the Young Life trip make me want to hike :) Lovely!

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....