Friday, April 22, 2011

Cultivating marriage~

Today,
(if this 'scheduled' post posts correctly)
is our
22nd anniversary,
on the 22nd of April.
In my family growing up, we had 'golden birthdays'.
Have you heard of them?
It's when you turn the 'age' of the 'date' of your birthday.
It was a special celebration.
For me, it was 13 on the 13th.
Anyways,
I suppose it applies to anniversaries, too.
Or at least it does now for us.
One thing I realize more and more as I age
is the beauty, sanctity, and importance
of the marriage covenant Dave & I have.
It's something I need to keep cultivating
year after year.
And,
this year,
this weekend,
we're doing something we haven't been able to do before---
thanks to many friends and our kids,
we are getting to take some,
shall I say,
'extended' time together.
And,
of all things-
where it's warm!
(yes, I'm jumping up and down to get out of the 40's)

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....