Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What we've been up to~

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
Well, actually A LOT of this~
picking....
visiting U-Pick farms~
and loading up to preserve the harvest~
Well, maybe we loaded up a little bit too much
on the jalepenos.
(I'll spare you the picture with my gloves on and 
a bandana covering my face...)
These are HOT~
We made three batches of salsa and
11 Quarts of Tomato Sauce
for starters~

And then roasted another batch to keep
in olive oil with spices~
And, I had picked up a 20 lb. box of apples
at the Farmer's market~
Oh, and in the middle of this,
we had our biggest egg,
which was a double yolk,
and our smallest~
cute, huh?
And, of course the kids are
still dog sitting on almost a
weekly basis.
This past week it was 2 sister black labs~
I've been line drying to make up for the cost
of running the dehydrator these days~

I DO love this time of year~

No comments:

A change of seasons~

Where we live, in our mountain home, the seasons are changing.  Already we have had snow dust the mountains more than once this fall....